10 Reasons To Love Arizona
As an Arizona native and after the celebration of the States 100th birthday, I wondered what it was that has kept me living here all these years. As a licensed Arizona Realtor, I have the opportunity to help others make the beauty that is Arizona, a place that they too can call home. Here is why Arizona is so easy to love:
- Arizona is a 5 hour drive away from other “hot” locations.
- For a weekend of gambling, shows, glam, and all around letting loose, Phoenicians can jump in the car for a 4 -5 hour road trip to Las Vegas, Nevada. (I hear that the new bridge over the Hoover Dam has decreased the drive time, but have yet to test this out.)
- Grab your passport or visa and head out of the country for water sports at the beach, bargain shopping for knick knacks, and dancing…. hello Rocky Point, Mexico.
- At just a 5+ hour drive away, California‘s celebrities, beaches, and the magic kingdom make for a fun family getaway.
2. The sightseeing around Arizona is breathtaking.
- We have one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World here. For those of you new to Arizona, the Grand Canyon is full of beauty and history. Some of the most beautiful waterfalls and scenery are inside this canyon just waiting for the next adventurous soul.
- Kartchner’s Caverns, a fascinating “live” limestone cave with stalactites dripping down like icicles and giant stalagmites reaching up from the ground.
- Sedona, the Red Rock spiritual town with its natural beauty and vortex energy can rejuvenate even the day visitor.
- Tank tops & flip flops. Yes, Phoenix summers are a bit overwhelming but we have some of the best spring, fall, and winter weather in the Southwest. The low humidity (frizz-free hair) and no need to run the A/C or heat for half the year is a win-win situation. Did someone say pool party?
Speaking of weather, Arizona is clear of natural disasters…. We enjoy the monsoon season.
- For cooler weather, perhaps the cool pines of Northern Arizona; including Payson, Pine, and Flagstaff will tickle your fancy.
You can go from cactus to pine trees in under 2 hours. The hiking trails, fishing and camping are abundant at many of the lakes and rivers that run throughout our state.
- As much as Arizona is a melting pot and has been known to lack a sense of community, I find that more people have come together at events such as Farmers Markets, fundraisers, art/music events, Meetup groups, and children/adult sports leagues.
Even when someone leaves, they are drawn back to this irresistible state for one reason or another.
- No Daylight Savings Time here! We “Zonies” have so much sunshine (Vitamin D) in this state that we have no need to change our clocks.
- Bountiful Sunsets, mountain views and wildlife surround us. (The photo of the bobcat in the main image was taken in the backyard of my parent’s home.)
- The cost of living is lower than many other cities and buying a home can be more affordable.
- The highways and ease of getting around town has the average commute time to around 28 minutes for residents. Our grid system makes it easy to navigate around the city for our out-of-state visitors. We also have a bus system and light rail incorporated for a greener solution to transportation.
- Our Sports Teams: The Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals (We don’t need no stinkin’ Manning!), the D-backs, and the Coyotes. We also get to enjoy spring training baseball games here due to the great weather conditions.
Please leave comments below and share what you love about Arizona. If you are looking for a home here in Arizona, I am at your service. Please email me via the contact form.